Dec 4, 2008

What can you do?

Ok this entry maybe a little biased, but my last entry got me thinking more about the economy. And then our artist roundtable group talked about the impact (or not) the economy crisis is having on them personally. My answer? Buy local this Christmas. If we all decide together that we want our local economy to thrive and not dive (cute rhyme eh?) then we need to spend our money here and not over the Internet (I can't believe I'm saying that) and not over the border (unless you live there and that is your local economy). As artists we should always be promoting that we are the local option, but we also have to live it ourselves. So encourage your customers to buy from you because by doing so they are helping the local economy, but also this Christmas, do it yourself too.

And on that note, I'm off to start setting up the Fort for the Gift Giving Show. Hope to see you there - shopping locally...