Early in March I participated in a set of workshops about selling on Etsy. Dianne from DiBAjewellery facilitated the advanced workshop and here are some great tips and ideas that I picked up from her session (some directly from her and others from general discussion).
- Have an Etsy anniversary event
- Could what you sell also fit under supply?
- Update it frequently (throughout the day if possible)
- Bulk up your shop - lots of inventory gives the appearance of being serious
- Have various price points available to inspire easy sales
- Photography is key - it's all the customer has to go on, so make it good. Use all 5 slots, all angles including the back
- Use full descriptions with lots of detail including both imperial and metric measurements
- Put your location in your profile
- Use all 14 tags - ideas for tags include 'international', 'gift', colour, full name
- Create treasury's
- Participate in Etsy - forums, blog, labs
- Detail your policies - ie do your items come from a smoke-free or animal-free environment?
- Use the announcement section
- Tools to try www.etsyhacks.com and www.craftopolis.com.
Thanks Dianne for all the great tips!