Dec 20, 2009

Don't wait for the postman...

Not yet anyways.

You see I haven't mailed out my holiday cards yet (so if you're waiting for the postman, you may be waiting a while). At first I felt guilty, then I felt defensive, then just resolved to that's how it was going to be. Then I was excited when the idea hit me...

I'm going to send my holiday cards out at the end of January. You know, just when the winter blahs set in. When the excitement of the holidays is long gone and nothing but bills is arriving in the mail. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this idea, but I think it's brilliant (if I do say so myself).

If nothing else, it let's me off the hook for the next few weeks.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

I LOVE IT! I've been feeling exactly the same way. Minus the brilliant (yes, brilliant) idea of waiting for a blah part of winter, to send along some goodness! Truly a wonderful idea....

I have something cooked up to send along some greetings....but I won't hold onto the idea too tightly, in the event that like the cards, my intention just simply didn't make it to fruition! But here's to wishing I get some magic out to folks on my mind this season...in one form or another.