Oct 5, 2009

A Clean Slate



How many times in your life do you get to start fresh, start with a clean slate? Not very often I presume. But if you are like me, it feels good (albeit a bit intimidating). It's inspiring, so exciting, full of possibilities. Not confined by what exists. Well, this week I'm there. I've just moved studios from the temporary to the permanent and I got to start fresh, with blank walls and open spaces.

I have so many ideas running through my head and so many drawings in my sketch book. It's good for me, good for my soul and truly good for business. So, I would advise all of you to start with a clean slate - even if that clean slate is only an empty page in your notebook. Look at it as a fresh start 'with blank walls and open spaces'. Where does it take you?

PS - for those of you anticipating the open house party - stay tuned - the invite is coming!

5 comments:

tracy said...

Love this Lindsey...it's a beautiful studio. I remember what it looked like before - it really feels so open and fresh...it's got new life now! You are so right - a new beginning! Kudos to you for taking that step to the next level ...

Jane said...

Congratulations - I know how I felt when I moved studios 5 or 6 years ago - it was exhillirating. Still, it didn't take me long to get it too cluttered again !!

Look forward to the invitation

Denise said...

Thanks for those words of wisdom. Best wishes with the new studio!

Anonymous said...

You are very inspiring Lindsey. I can't wait to learn more about how you have done this. I look forward to seeing you at a bead n'bitch soon. Cheers Adele

Nathan Baron said...

So happy to see that things are moving in a positive direction for you again Lindsey.

Enjoy the space. Can't wait for the Studio Warming.