Sep 29, 2009

Time to Kollaborate!



I can't help but notice that there's a feeling in the air, a feeling that is different - I think it's the feeling of collaboration. Everywhere I look this fall I am seeing signs of how people are working together in very creative ways - whether it's fellow artists working on bodies of work together (good work Andrea, Jane, Carolyn, Alexi and so many others), my son mentoring a new student in his class, two struggling businesses finding a way to combine what they do to survive (yes it's true - we almost lost two of our downtown jewels this fall, but now they're staying!).

And it doesn't stop there. I just sent off a grant application to the Ontario Arts Council for a really cool project (I'm biased since it's my project) called Kollaboration Kingston. It will be a weekend where 17 local artists from all mediums, ages and stages of career, get together and work on bodies of work together - big and small. I can't wait to see what comes out of this project....

3 comments:

Ruth said...

hey, good thinking - best wishes and all good luck for your Kollaboration Kingston!

Ruth

beautifuldayto said...

I have been really feeling that too Lindsey...indeed it's in the air. So glad you are always pushing new ideas out there....look forward to seeing where they go!

Denise said...

sounds very exciting...